This is an accessibility statement from Helsinki University's Society of Headhunters (HUSH from now on).
How we support accessibility
HUSH does the following measures to support accessibility on our website:
- We include accessibility as part of our administrators' duties.
- We include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- We integrate accessibility into our website practices.
- We appoint an equality representative to monitor accessibility.
- We clearly announce or goals and responsibilities regarding accessibility in our website.
- We perform systematic quality control to ensure accessibility.
Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Home pages is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
We greatly appreciate feedback regarding the accessibility of our website. Please let us know how we did via email:
We try to respond to feedback within 2-3 business days.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
Our website is designed to work with all browsers and assistive technologies. Let us know via email, if that is not true!
Accessibility of our webpages relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies:
These technologies are required to meet the accessibility standards regarding eg. the contrast of captions.
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility, there may be some violations. Below is a description of known violations. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
- images: images are missing alt-texts and captions because we haven't updated all of them yet. We are updating them as best as we can. Please have patience and cheer us on by telling what would be or is a good description or alt-text via email.
- headings: sometimes pages have more than 1 H1 headings and lower than H2 headings are missing because we haven't updated all yet. We are updating them as best as we can. Please have patience and tell us where we can put up better headings via email.
HUSH evaluates the accessibility with the following methods:
- User feedback
This policy was created on 4.2.2024.